Saturday, April 24, 2010

Race Stats

Saturday, April 24, 2010

NIKKI MINNEAPOLIS MN
Race: Get in Gear 10K (6.2 miles)
Time: 1:04:59
Pace: 10:28

It rained like cats and dogs and can I say for the record that it SUCKED!!! New shoes soaked and muddy and I was chilled to the bone. Thank god my hair was in two-strand twist because if my Fro was out there would have been no way in hell I would have been able to fit that Nike hat on my head...LMAO That damn hat saved my life...it was soaked...water was dripping off the brim during the race. But victory is mine...I did it...1 race down! I stayed on my grind and got through it. The picture above was posted on the Get in Gear site and it does not begin to illustrate the misery that was race day...lol It must have been taken during one of the few moments when the RAIN was reduced to a light drizzle.

Here's a pic of me in the sanctuary of my bathroom as I prepare to head out the door at 7am, the rest of the house is still fast asleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment