Friday, June 19, 2009

Instyler, the rotating flat iron - Review and Demos

Friday, June 19, 2009

I’m sure you’ve seen the infomercial for the Instyler. In a moment of weakness I caved to my late night hair product cravings and purchased the Instyler online.



What I Like:
  1. It is a nice, substantial piece of equipment, not at all cheap feeling. We’ve all been burned before…buying something online only to have it arrive and be a piece of crap.

  2. It comes with a carrying pouch & special comb.

  3. There was an option to order the quick heating model, which of course I did.

  4. It has variable heat settings.

  5. There is a BOGO special, two for the price of one. I couldn’t resist.

  6. The brushes are pretty great, they really work to help smooth the hair before and after the rotating iron makes contact.

What I Don't Like:

  1. It claims to be able to be used on wet hair. I tried it on my wet hair; it didn’t dry my hair, just boiled the water on it. I have an ION wet/dry flat iron that is AMAZING. NOTE: If a flat iron does not have vents for the steam to escape, it is NOT FOR USE ON WET HAIR. Without the vents, it is frying and damaging your hair.

  2. After using it (wet or dry), my hair seemed to be in worse condition. I even tried different heat settings, with no better results.

  3. It took me a few tries to figure out that it works better when I made sure that I was holding the iron so that it rotates in the direction that the hair grows. Otherwise, it was slightly teasing my hair…this is not noted in the directions, and makes for awkward positioning depending on the section of hair you are ironing.


Overall:

I did not like the Instyler. I think I will stick with my ION wet/dry flat iron, and rollers. On the flip side, my 12 year old daughter likes it…guess I’ll give the extra one to one of her friends.

The Instyler can be purchased at GetInstyler.com.

Also, you can see other reviews of this product in the Stylista Steals YouTube Playlist!

Smart Shopping Stylistas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment