Monday, June 22, 2009

The Importance of Sunscreen!!

Monday, June 22, 2009
Sunscreen is such an afterthought for most folks, whether they are brown, clear or mocha, but the reality is that we all need to slather that mess on…especially on our faces! The sun’s rays will have your butt looking well over 40 long before your time if you don’t protect your skin…and that goes for all my brown and mocha lovelies out there too!



I know many of us who have already been blessed with sun kissed skin (African-American, Indian and Latinas just to name a few) don’t believe that the sun harms us, but the reality is the minute you begin to get “darker” or “tan” the sun has damaged your skin PERIOD! And since I know that I’m not trying to walk around all leathery and wrinkled (that ain’t cute), I protect my face EVERYDAY by choosing to wear a moisturizer that has sunscreen already in it! Now I hope y’all are wearing a moisturizer everyday which is a whole different post, but your face is a canvas and you cannot paint a pretty picture with a dry ass, parched canvas! I digress…back to Sunscreen.




I personally own Bath & body Works, Patricia Wexler M.D. Skin Brightening Daily Moisturizer SPF 30 (for dry skin types) which I wear during the winter and early spring months when my skin is dry. I’m the summer months I switch to Neutorgena’s Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 45 (for normal skin types), which is light weight and perfect for hot, humid and steamy weather. Both products can be worn under your make up.


Patricia Wexler M.D. Skin Brightening Daily Moisturizer SPF cost about $40, but is well worth it and last a very long time, while the Neutorgena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 45 cost about $13.


Here is a TIP!!! When applying these products or any creamy product use a foundation brush (you can get a cheap one from Target or Wal-Mart and dedicate it to applying your moisturizer)!!! First of all your product will last longer because you aren’t using as much. When you apply product with your hands, half of it is being absorbed into your hands, plus by using a foundation brush you aren’t pulling on your skin, especially the sensitive eye area. And so y’all know I ain’t lying..lol here is a picture of my stash, complete with a cheap foundation brush for application.
Since I don’t review things I haven’t personally tried, if anyone knows of a good facial sunscreen/moisturizer combination for sensitive skin feel free to share it with us. We all have to preserve our sexy no matter what our skin type!

~Nikki

0 comments:

Post a Comment