Friday, March 26, 2010

Advice To a 20 year-old ME

Friday, March 26, 2010

I will be 40 years old in a few months, and it got me thinking...if I could meet my 20 year old self, what would I tell her...what have I found to be true?? So here it goes, advice to a 20 year-old me.

1. When people show you what kind of person they are the first time, BELIEVE them.
2. Teachers are noble.
3. Nothing better will come along.
4. Stop fighting yourself.
5. Be more vain.
6. You are good enough.
7. Use what you got to get what you want.
8. Know your enemy's from your friends.
9. Keep your good friends close.
10. You are so DAMN SMART.
11. Nothing is better than chocolate.
12. Read read read.
13. Sometimes you gotta fake swagga.
14. Remember, you have already been paid for.
15. Sometimes mama knows best.
16. Credit cards are the work of the devil.
17. Always have your own.
18. Never say what another person will or will not do.
19. No one needs to know EVERYTHING about you.
20. If you are going to be a hoe, please be discreet.
21. When you need to cut folks off, it is better to cut them off at the head.
22. Travel.
23. Don't be afraid to venture out alone.
24. Live in a city with a beautiful skyline.
25. Go with your GUT!
26. Nothing beats a good cocktail.
27. I hope you experience "crown royal on ice."
28. Hold on to yourself (hold-on tight) cuz this is going to hurt like HELL.
29. Always go "home", at least for a visit.
30. Your mama will never tell you wrong.
31. I got big brown eyes and I can see and my eyes don't play tricks on me.

TO BE CONTINUED...

0 comments:

Post a Comment