Friday, August 28, 2009

I'm back and Sephora and MAC Got Me Again

Friday, August 28, 2009
I've been gone for a bit, but I'm back! The end of summer is always a busy time. Trying to enjoy the fleeting days of sunshine while also preparing for Fall and back to school. Damn winter always seems to come back every year :( The one good thing about Fall/Winter is Fall Trends and I am all over the Fall makeup trends even though I swore I wasn't buying shit else.

I popped into Sephora(yes in a Sephora whore) to return a nail polish I had ordered online and there it was in its satiny flesh....the Smashbox limited edition Majesty Palette. I had seen it in magazines recently but this was my first time seeing it in living color. The color screamed Fall and I had to have it. Plus with limited edition stuff you have to get it while it's there, otherwise you will be out of luck so I gave in to my indulgences and dropped $42 bucks on pure luxury.
And I couldn't stop with the Smashbox Palette. I have been lusting after the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Danmed for months...at least 6 months! These pencils/lipsticks glide on like butter! I have to admit that I in no way need another red shade of lipstick...I have several shades of red MAC lipsticks, but I bought this because it's a fierce shade of red but more importantly because of its texture...it's truly like velvet and fells like you are wearing nothing at all. These lip pencils as NARS calls them are a breakthrough in lip stick technology (stop laughing..I'm serious)!

OK...and since I was in the mall, I rolled through Macy's to nab the latest by MAC. Erin from Scandalous Beauty has had me spending all kinds of cash for the last few years when she raves about a new MAC item. The great thing about Erin is that she is a brown girl so when she wears a look I get a really good visual of what the colors will look like on me. As a result I was suckered in again and picked up the In the Gallery quad and Young Thing Lipglass.
Check out Erin rocking the quad and lipglass on YouTube. She has tons of informative makeup tutorials...I just LOVE me some ERIN!
And I swear I ain't buying shit else in regard t makeup until the spring!
~Nikki

0 comments:

Post a Comment