Monday, July 27, 2009

Play Pretty Beauty

Monday, July 27, 2009





Play Pretty Beauty specializes in natural-based products with no mineral oil or petroleum oils, hash detergents, drying SD alcohol or lanolin. The company makes body washes, soaps, candles, scrubs and their famed whipped body butter creme.

About 6 months ago I purchase the whipped body butter creme in the Nohea Ani scent which is described as:Hibiscus, cress, muguet and violet blossoms combine with luscious fruit to seal the deal on this sophisticated blend. It reminds us of a Hawaiian hibiscus flower being carried by ocean breezes. Nohea Ani loosely means lovely breeze in Hawaiian.
I also purchased the whipped body butter cream in the Island Sorbet scent, described as: A luscious fusion of papaya, orange, grape, pineapple and apricot flesh bring this fragrance to life. A sprinkle of tonka beans (a bean-like fruit that is sweet and aromatic) and you've got papaya nectar at it's most fresh and juicy. One whiff and you're hooked!
Pros:
I have to admit that the Island sorbet is my favorite of the two cremes. They both have lovely light scents that are perfect for hot summer weather when fragrances and scented lotions can be overwhelming.
Cons:
This product just wasn't moisturising enough for me. When I pay $16 bucks for an 8 ounce lotion I expect that my skin will be moisturized all day long, but this creme didn't perform. I found that my knees and elbow were ashy/dry/rusty...whatever you want to call it a few hours after applying the creme. I ended up adding Jojoba oil to the product for additional moisturizer. Needless to say I won't be purchasing the whipped body butter cremes again...at $16 dollars a pop i shouldn't have to add anything...ya feel me?!?
But here is the GOOD NEWS...the ladies who own the company are smart. If you have a company that sells a variety of products ALWAYS send your customer a free sample of some of your other products. The ladies at Play Pretty Beauty included with my order a free full sized bar of their soap in the Island Sorbet scent (the same as the creme that I purchased.) Generally I don't use "soaps" because most of them really irritate my skin, but I decided to give this one a try...and I LOVE IT!!
At $8 for a 4 oz. bar they aren't cheap and I must admit I would never just order the soaps alone, but when my aunt was visiting she used my whipped body butter creme and loved it, and it moisturized her skin just fine. As a result I will be buying her a jar for the holidays, and when I do I will add a few bars of their soap for myself to the order! Even though i didn't like the initial product that I ordered, by adding free sample to the order they are getting a return customer...its a win win.
Note: If you are going to provide free samples of other products to a customers order...make sure it's big enough that they can get at least 5 uses out of it to determine if they really like it our not.


~Nikki

0 comments:

Post a Comment