Friday, June 4, 2010

Let Me Transform You!

Friday, June 4, 2010
I recently read a blog post at one of new favorite blogs (OurHealth) about the importance of the proper undergarmets. As summer approaches and we embrace light, flowy fabrics, folks need to also embrace some cardinal rules of fashion!! DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT wear white bikini panties under a thin yellow cotton sundress...WTF!!! If you got a gut, gunt or fuppa...whatever you want to call it, DO NOT wear a clingy or form fitting summer dress without some sort of support undergarmet. Vanessa from OurHEALTH says it best....read on!

By, Vanessa
OurHealth Staff Writer

Every super hero needs a secret weapon. I consider myself a super hero of sorts, in my own everyday life I'm just out there battling the elements trying to be happy, healthy and cute all at the same time. And while I can’t fly, can’t shoot fire from my eyes and can’t leap tall buildings in a single bound, I can look flawless in my clothes, thanks in part to my secret weapon – Spanx!

I LOVE Spanx! For those of you not in the know – please bow down and thank me now – Spanx will transform your life. This is not an overstatement. It doesn’t matter what size you are or how much you work out, EVERY woman can benefit from Spanx.

(Unless of course your Halle Berry – looking like this, but Halle Berry is no mere mortal – so I’m not talking about her).

But every other woman, can tighten, tone, shrink and otherwise get their body looking real right, real fast, with this magic little undergarment.

I’ve been rocking Spanx since 2003. I was reading In Style magazine and they were saying that all of the stars in Hollywood wear Spanx under their gowns. I rushed out to Nordstrom and bought the “Power Panties”. The package said they were a “mid thigh shaper, with tummy control.” This sounded like exactly the thing that I needed in my life! The Power Panties quickly became a staple in my wardrobe. I wore them under all of my summer dresses and they immediately sucked in (and held in) all the extra gut, jiggle and wiggle and made me look extra slim and trim.

Over the years Spanx have expanded their offerings and you can now get all sorts of body shapers and undergarments. You know how you’ll be wearing an otherwise cute outfit and then you look in the mirror and see a bulge from the back, or some unsightly panty line? Well Spanx will help you with all of this. Spanx can even help you hide that extra bowl of ice cream you had the night before you have to slip into your cute jersey halter dress – I have tested this specific scenario many times. :-)

A couple of weeks ago I did a post about dressing for your body and this goes right along with that. The right undergarments are critical for putting together a pulled together and seamless look.

Here are some of my favorite offerings from Spanx – get some in your life! (PS – I personally love the Spanx brand for their durability. They last forever and do exactly what they say, but you can now find many brands that offer the same type of support. You don’t have to go with Spanx, but I would suggest that all women have some sort of body shaper in their wardrobe.)

Power Panties


Higher Power


Hide & Seek Strapless Slip


Hide & Seek Slip Suit

0 comments:

Post a Comment