Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I'm Addicted to a Deal and Pretty Things

Wednesday, November 11, 2009
I am going to stop lying to myself!! I like to but products and can't stand to pass up a good deal. It's true...I need and intervention, but until Dr. Phil shows up on my door step I will remain caught in this vicious web of product addiction.

I know I was supposed to stay clean until May 2010, but I can't seem to keep my nose clean for more than a week. Just when i was doing well, Sephora has 20% off for friends and family, so being frugal I place an order for things I was planning on getting anyway and save 20% in the process. Then Sephora sends me a Beauty Insiders VIB coupon for 20% off November 12-15 and i'll be damned if I don't use it...LMAO

To add insult to injury I get Lucky Magazine...for those of you who aren't familiar with Lucky, its basically a source for shopping and style...showing trends and where you can buy them as well as offering "Lucky Discounts."

For example I ordered this bag from Spiegel...regularly $39 (which is a steal), but Lucky Readers got it for $23...i had to snap it up. Lucky will have offerings for places like Kohl's Department store to Marc Jacobs. I also snagged these boots from Chinese Laundry regularly $99, but I got them for $80 with the luck discount and they are SOLD OUT in the gray suede right now.

I mention all of this to say I can't put down the pipe...lol So as long as I am not living outside my means, there is nothing wrong with a little online shopping every now and then. I set aside a few bucks each month to spend as I choose and I never spend more than that amount..heck most of the time I have a surplus that rolls over. So you won't hear anymore talk from me about curbing my meager spending...a few products never hurt anybody, nor have a handbag and a pair of boots all for 100 bucks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment